Tutoring Services & Frequently Asked Questions
Get ready for better days ahead.
Together, we will transform your child’s life. It isn’t easy and it doesn’t happen quickly, but nothing is more worthwhile.
Let’s get started making the changes you want to see for your child and your family.
- Individualized Instruction
- 504 or IEP goals can be included in our sessions
- Direct Phonics Instruction
- Multisensory Techniques
- Active Student Engagement
- Reading A to Z Online Program – Raz Kids
- Parent access to Raz Kids
- Instructional materials for phonics include Orton-Gillingham-based programs, The Secret Stories, Reading Simplified.
Bundle and Save Plan:
When you purchase this special bundle and save plan you will get a discount on my services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does online tutoring work?
My students and I get to know one another and develop a rapport just as if we were meeting in person. There are so many resources to use online that it is easy to individualize instruction and address the needs of your child.
What are the benefits of tutoring online?
- Work with the tutor of your choice, no matter where you live in the world.
- No transportation is necessary.
- More consistent attendance = more consistent progress.
- “Germs” are not an issue, yours, theirs or mine.
Why should we choose you as our child’s tutor?
- My process works and children experience success.
- Reading scores go up.
- Test scores go up.
- Motivation goes up.
- Kids enjoy learning again.
- They have fun reading.
- Students experience increased self-confidence.
- My students smile more and so do their parents!
- Homework takes less time.
- Stress is reduced at home and school.
Do you have a proven process?
Yes, for my proven process I follow these three simple items and then use the list below them to ensure a great learning experience for your child.
1. Assess foundational reading skills
2. Identify weaknesses in foundational skills and close those reading gaps
3. Set reading goals based on your child’s level of functioning and build from there
- Be positive
- Be encouraging
- Develop a rapport
- Celebrate their progress
- Challenge students “just enough”
- Teach from an overflowing toolbox full of programs and strategies that work
- Be flexible based on what works for your child
Based on experience and research, phonics (letter sounds) is an essential foundation for reading. Learning phonics does not have to be boring or overly complicated, but it is essential.
Having taught hundreds of students to improve their reading I still love seeing them increase their reading levels, test scores, self-confidence and motivation.
How does online tutoring work?
Tutoring sessions are held as ZOOM meetings. Every student receives a personal code they will use each time they enter ZOOM. We see and talk with each other, share documents, and go to online reading programs.
How do I pay for online tutoring?
Payment is made for sessions one month in advance, through an online payment systems like Zelle, Stripe or PayPal.
What does online tutoring cost?
The rate is $60 for a one-hour session.
Two or more sessions a week are $55 per session.
Do you help with homework?
Generally no. My instruction is based on developing your child as a reader, rather than homework assignments.
How long will my child need tutoring?
How long your child needs tutoring depends on many factors including those listed below:
- How far below grade level are they?
- What learning challenges does your child have?
- How often are they scheduled to attend tutoring?
- Do they regularly attend tutoring sessions?
- How qualified is your reading tutor?
- Do the students have parental support?
Do you tutor during the summer?
Yes, I tutor all year-round. Students lose hard earned progress and momentum during vacations and holidays. Even small losses set struggling readers back.
Do you tutor in person?
Unfortunately, due to the health situation in our country that is not possible now.
Call/Text Me: 954-281-2176